Located just west of Bangerter Highway, the Views offers beautiful views of Oquirrh Mountain, the South Jordan Temple, and Salt Lake Valley. Shopping and entertainment options are just around the corner at The District.
South Jordan was established in 1859, and like most other Utah cities, consisted of mostly agricultural land. As the population expanded, farmland converted into residential neighborhoods and commercial shopping areas. Even though there has been an emphasis on growth, city officials have actively worked to set aside land for parks and playgrounds in efforts to maintain the natural beauty of the landscape and preserve the open space surrounding the Jordan River.
The city now has more than 25 municipal parks and playgrounds ranging from less than one-half acre to 59 acres. Salt Lake County operates a 120-acre equestrian park, located adjacent to South Jordan City Park, complete with horse racing track, indoor arenas, and stables. With the addition of fishing ponds and miles of trails, there is a never-ending list of activities for the family to enjoy. South Jordan is the home of many shopping and dining locations such as Towne Center Square, The District, and Oquirrh Mountain Marketplace.